The Dalai Lama is the title obtained by the head of the Central Tibetan Administration and the spiritual leader of Lamaism or Tibetan Buddhism.
It is the term used in Tibetan Buddhism and the Bon religion to refer to that teacher who had partial or total control in death over the form of his reincarnation and knowledge of the place of his new birth. Today the Dalai Lama is Tenzin Gyatso.
Here are the most inspiring and wise phrases of the Dalai Lama
21 sentences of the Dalai Lama filled with wisdom:
- The fundamental goal of life is to find happiness.
- Happiness is not something already done. It comes from your actions.
- Always be as kind as possible. It is always possible.
- To carry out a positive action, we must develop a positive vision.
- Sleeping is the best meditation.
- Our main goal is to help others. If you can’t help them, at least don’t hurt them.
- When we know the real tragedy in life, we can react in two ways: lose hope and fall into self-destructive habits or use the challenge and find our inner strength.
- Love and compassion are necessities, not a luxury. Without them, humanity cannot survive.
- In the practice of tolerance, the enemy is the best teacher.
- People take different paths in seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they’re not on your way doesn’t mean they’re lost.
- A calm mind brings inner strength and self-esteem, which is very important for mental health.
- Remember that sometimes not getting what you want is a beautiful stroke of luck.
- If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. Suppose you want to be happy, practice compassion.
- A lack of transparency results in mistrust and a deep feeling of insecurity.
- If you think you are too small to change anything, try sleeping with a mosquito.
- The ability to put yourself in other people’s shoes and think about how you would act in their place is beneficial if you want to learn to love someone.
- You will have to live with your actions for the rest of your life, so to save yourself the regret and anguish, live your life with honor from now on.
- With the realization of your potential and confidence in your abilities, you can build a better world.
- You are the master of your life, and whatever your prison, you have the keys.
- We will not obtain peace in the outside world until we have made peace with ourselves.
- All suffering is caused by ignorance. People inflict pain on others in the selfish pursuit of their happiness or satisfaction.